Answered By: Rebecca Sedam Last Updated: Oct 28, 2016 Views: 62
A user account for the Oakton Library Catalog is very useful. It makes it possible for you to:
- renew books
- transfer circulating titles between campuses
- request titles from other Illinois libraries through I-Share (this service is also called ILL or Interlibrary Loan)
- check the status of your requests and checked out items
- create and save lists of titles you might want to use later
Although the user account for the Oakton Library Catalog is not the same thing as a myOakton account, you should use the same myOakton username. To create an account, follow these steps:
- Obtain an Oakton Library Card
- Connect to the Oakton Library Catalog
- Select "Login"
- Select "Create New Account"
- As you follow the on-screen directions for filling out the form, we recommend using your myOakton username as your Oakton Library "Desired Username"
- For the "Borrower ID" field, enter your Oakton Library card barcode number
- Before clicking the "Submit" button, be sure to designate Oakton Community College as the "I-Share Library with Which You Are Affiliated"